View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool 'Working Pro'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Schwartz View Post
I was using a no-name German flatback, small-ish 3/4. Various string sets (Obligato, Sprio mittel, Bel Canto, Superflexible) and a Realist. If I turned the amp up more than halfway feedback was a serious problem. I could play lines with infinite sustain using my left hand only, as if I was Carlos Santana.

Of course the Acoustic Image is much more expensive than the SWR. I tried for years to avoid shelling out for a fancy specialized upright bass amp but eventually broke down and don't regret it. I'm glad the SWR is working for you.

I see that, like Sam, my experience was with the Workingman's 10, not the Working Pro. I haven't tried the Pro, maybe it's voiced differently.
Ok, so that is like the 15 I get to use on these concerts. I think it's the Working Man's 15. I will look at the name of the amp when I do the concert. I had the name 'Basic Black' in my head so I have to look and see what that was then.

I think the Pro as compared to the regular model might very well be the difference. When I called the store, it's just what he happened to have available so I bought it. I have problems with that 15 myself and that's why I bring my PAPA along. Makes a huge difference.

Here's a pic;