View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool 4 Knobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Jonathan View Post
wow! smith is smith.. unchangeable.. mm.. hey.. do you guys know the smith BT that patitucci used on his video lesson.. it isn't 3 knobs or 5knobs.. but only 4knobs? i see it so familiar like the burner series.. that's the first time i saw smith.. the find out...because the tone is so unique and so clarity,
i fell in love with smith at that time...the BT body shape and the sound. after years.. i finally got one ..

could you give me a configuration of BT circuit control settings to make a good slap&pop sound?? any clue.. thank y'all
The 4 knobs is: bass, treble, pan, and volume. I have a BT5 KOA like this I have listed here on this site for sale.

As far as BT control settings to get what you are after. I would suggest experimenting with that until you dial in what you need. A great set-up with a fresh set of Smith Medium Taper Cores would be a good starting point.

Then, start out by panning to the neck pick-up and use the end of the fretboard when making contact with your thumb and pop technique. Also, depending on the amp set-up you are using, you may have additional tonal head-room through that amp.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 11-08-2007 at 04:28 PM.