View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 10:05 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen Herlaar View Post
I would like to fiddle a bit with the EQ band dip switches. I am looking for a 2200 Hz boost. What do the differtent dip switches do with specific frequency ranges? I know you can change the center frequency of a band as well as the width of the range (the 'Q' value of the curve). But on what frequencies do the switches operate?

Ken, I know you provide "Lowest", "Low", "High" and "Highest" settings for "Bass", "Midrange", and "Treble" (i.e. switch position "on" or "off"), but do you have a schematic that could approximate what frequency ranges are cut or boosted related to the switch "on" or "off" position?

Outside of experimentation with these switches (and if you do experiment, be gentle and careful!), I would recommend making your adjustment either with the instruments tone controls (I find there is ample tonal headroom and then some) or otherwise.

Myself, I like the 18V circuit fine: For my ears; While I hear tighter mids, I find no reason to make adjustments to the switches. Any adjustment I make is with the tone controls of the bass or post eq from the amp.