View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tranauskas View Post
Does anyone know where the Gage carbon fiber bows are made?
I think Gage would be the best to answer then. Probably in Carbonia, Fiberlandia. far far away... or, maybe in China.

I was at Lowes Home Center last week and I looked at a box of something like a Fan. It said 'made in China'. Everything I looked at said 'China' on the Box. I thought for a minute I was in Walmart.

On the Bow thing, I just picked up another Lipkins Bow (my fourth, but have sold two of them). I have a Custom one on the way soon. This will be Sue's 'ONLY' full Sartory model with a Parisian Eye in the Frog. She has made some Sartory models years back but with her regular Pearl Eye. Awhile back, she had to make a new Frog to replace a broken one on an old Sartory. She had to make the tooling Jigs for the special 'Eye' that Sartory used so she will use that to make a one-of-a-kind Lipkins-Sartory. She also mentioned two other things. One, it will be a one-time deal and she will never make another one like it and two, she will take pics throughout the making for my records/website recording all the steps involved in making this special Bow.

I don't think you can get that with a CF Bow, can you? The few I have played which ranged in quality still felt like cold plastic in my hands. A quality wood Bow warms up as you play it. I like the natural type feel of a good wood Bow. That's just my personal feelings about it.