View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 12:26 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool rob rob rob...

I don't mind at all the discussion or arguments. Some swear the Mechanical Extension is better. There, we stand in the same ditch fighting together. And then, there are the 5-string players telling all of us that Extensions are a cheap fix for not having a 5er.

For me, I like moving the capos without looking when moving fast. If I forget to open the C or any other note, I bend my wrist and quickly slide it upwards along the extension opining all the 'fingers' with my forefinger knuckles near my thumb. In Martial Arts we call this 'ridge hand'. I do it with the fingers pointing down and my wrist up as I hit it back fast opening it in a second or so between notes having forgot to open it before. Even when not forgetting, I use this method to open it so its like a reverse or upside down ridge hand.

Normal hand/fingers like this;

With your Capos Rob, they are a bit small for one and the outer edge with the covered brass shows is sharp or squared there and not rounded or softened around the edges like the ebony fingers. Can you make the fingers bigger and with rounded edges?