View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Posting Member

Dave Martin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Erickson View Post
Clearly it isn't bass specific, but I've had an ART "TubeMP", the Studio V3 version, for a couple of years now and it is a handy bit of gear and inexpensive too. Works well in most any setup for warming up the sound and getting levels right - plus it has phantom power and 1/4" and XLR in/outs which comes in handy. Thing is built like a tank too. Might be worth a look.

edit - I originally got it for my Rhodes stage piano, but have used it just as much for mics, bass/guitar and as a DI.
I know the ART stuff, Thomas - I seem to remember reviewing it for Recording Magazine a few years ago.

I'll most likely end up buying another Fishman, though since mine passed away, I've just been plugging my bass directly into the amp (with the sound guy taking a DI from the back of the amp). I'm not thrilled with the resulting sound, since the 3 band EQ on the amp doesn't really seem to fit my needs - but it's certainly workable for the run of this show, and for the live gigs we've been doing on the show's dark night each week.