View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Posting Member

Bob Branstetter is on a distinguished road

David - Could you post a photo of the shock mount or a link to a photo. I tried to find one on the net and didn't see anything that looked bass mountable. The specs look good. If it is anything like the AMT, you should experiment locating the mic. What sounds good in your livingroom may not sound good on the job. For me and several others the best sounding spot that produced maximum, usable output was well removed from the ff holes area (at the end of the fingerboard, right on the center seam and almost touching the top). Let us know how it works on jobs with drummers and noise. Since you have an AI Coda, adjusting the mix is pretty easy. The only bad thing is when you have to dial up the piezo, you hear how bad it really sounds compared to the mic.

Are you able to leave the mic on the bass more or less permanently attached? That was my biggest objection to the AMT mic system. After about a half dozen jobs I knew that I had to design something that would eliminate the set up and tearing down on every job. That got old real fast.

Last edited by Bob Branstetter; 08-16-2007 at 10:49 AM.