View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
Posting Member

Ruben E garcia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne holmes View Post
are we still trying to guide Ruben with his last inquiry about changing the scale length of a bass from 34 to 41?

what Thomas and Arnold say is true, except the part about carved over Ply to start with,IMO but I don't make the connection with Ruben wanting to stretch the neck of a bass.

When I started restoring basses I had a few carved and one plywood. My mentor suggested that I start with the plywood because of the risk involved to do damage; it would be better to damage a cheap plywood rather that a carved that would have the potential of being worth 3 times as much as the ply. It made sense to me and I think that it was very advice. So, I pass it on to Ruben. I realize that not everyone has the same experience.

Thomas-- what machines are you talking about?---is it raining out there?
Ok I got it bad idea....!!! but my idea was to take the construction method of the Canotto (Very simple), and redesign it to an 41" Upright... meaning going back to Auto cad and start from scratch…then when I done with the design I could get it back to you guys for debate… but trust me I am also looking for a upright to restore I haven’t be able to find something to work on, I have make a couple inquires about some DB’s to repair… but unfortunate, I am very limit on what I can buy