View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 10:58 AM
Junior Posting Member

Mike Pecanic is on a distinguished road

Hi y'all, first hey Bob, how you been? To answer your questions in order. Ahnold once pointed out to me that the tailpiece, tailpiece cord, and afterlength function as sort of a 'reverb unit' to the whole part of sound/tone/projection/volume quotient of any particular bass. Does the piece 'generate'? It certainly responds but generate...? I wouldn't necessarily think I could claim that the piece/cord/afterlength truely generating anything.

Ok, "identcally shaped", "different species", "exact same weight" tailpieces are going to have identical reponse charateristics in my experience.

Hi Stan, thanks for the questions, now on to the wolf tone issue. Yes and no. Sometimes. Kinda. Never. A couple of months back Jeff B. posted that after he installed one of my pieces, the wolftone, and I quote, "left the building." But the phenomenon of wolftones is complex issue of AO/BO tunings of the multiple parts of any bass. The neck has a tap tone, the fingerboard has a tap tone, tension in the garland, etc. are ALL complicit in wolftones. Basically, I think Jeff just got lucky and its an easy experiement to change out the tailpiece!