View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:16 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Eden Cabs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Rhodes View Post
Tim,

Your rig is very interesting. I cannot help but notice you are running a QSC power amp with an Alembic F2B preamp.

Ive used multple speaker cabinets on medium size gigs with great success. Seeing you rig - sort of confirms that - if you want big sound - you need either big cabinets - or more than two

Obivously this is your concert rig - and not your small gig rig. I am a fan of DE cabinets - although I do not own one; the tone from them are always right on point.

Tim, when you use the WT-550 head - which cabinets do you use with it?

Happy Thanksgiving to all...
Chris, to answer your question:

Any combination of my Eden Cabs would work great with the WT-550 provided I don't exceed the load limit of the amp. Ultimately, it comes down to what I want to hear from the particular speaker/cab in the given room.

My choice for a small room might be the 210XST(8). For medium sized rooms, the 210XST(8) and 212XLT(8). For large rooms, I would most likely use either the 210XST(8) and 410XLT(8) ...or... 2-410XLT(8's) Cab with a DI to FOH.

My QSC/F-2B rig: http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p...n/DSCF0050.jpg would handle anything larger. Actually, the QSC/F-2B combo could be used in any of the above described rooms with the best results imaginable. I'm not talking about the total rig set-up, I'm just saying I could choose to use any single or combination of my Eden Cabs (just as I would with the WT-550) as appropriate for the room.

At any rate, with these set-up options I have, I am covered.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 12-10-2007 at 08:51 PM.