View Single Post
Old 01-19-2007, 12:08 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Ken's Corner Intro...

Hello fellow Bass lovers. This is the new 'Smith Bass Forum' sponsored by Ken Smith Basses, Ltd., aka ME! Currently, this is a FREE Web Forum that anyone can read but only those properly registered can post. Joining to post is FREE as well. I am not looking to build the biggest Forum in the Bass world, just one that is Civil and enjoyable. There will be no commercial advertising other than from my company, Ken Smith Basses, Ltd. which can include any of the products we deal in as seen on our website.

Although this is the first time ever I have done something like this other than to post on other Forums as many of you many know (), this one is mine to govern as I see fit!

My basic rules include using Real names. The one Mom and Dad gave you or a shortened version of it. If you don't know, look on your drivers License, School ID card, SS card, phone bill, ask your Mailman, etc... So, no phony names allowed here. Everyone has the right to know who they are talking with and talking to. Even with real names, if your name is Stanley Clarke and you use Marcus Miller, I will ask for your Real name so please reply asap if this happens.

NOTE: Until you are approved you will not be able to Post on the Forum. This is done manually by me or Mike in my absence. I check the Forum several times as day so please be patient. If you sign in as a new member and you try posting you will be denied automatically by the system. As soon as you have been approved you can Post successfully.

This is basically a Bass Club with a few main topics. Please be patient while we develop the Forum. I do not care if you are 18 (or less), 90 years old, male or female or what have you (yes, females are welcome). As long as we are honest and civil, we can chat and have fun about our favorite subject, the Bass. On the DB side, it will be quite diverse and sectioned to let players discuss Plywood separately from Vintage Basses.

In the Electric Bass section (aka BG), it will be limited somewhat to the Host, Ken Smith Basses but some latitude will be allowed as long as it is not advertising. I want to see Smith users sharing experiences from all over the world. I will post data base type lists of models as time allows. There will be String Specials for members, etc.

In the DB side we will have sections for Luthiers and Pro players. In the BG side, I will be one of the Pros for building Qs and Woods as well.

There is also a room for Members to discuss non-Bass related subjects. This is called "The Bull Pit". I will welcome suggestions from any sane Member and some not so sane as well. Hey, we're just Bass players!

So, have fun and be sure to let me know if there are any questions, requests or problems. This Forum is being run and set-up by my son Michael who is some kind of computer Wiz kid. He has built his own computers, taken a college course for A+ certification (CompTIA) and also maintains a Gaming 'site. On Jan. 16th, he turned 16! He's only in 10th grade now but will be helping me run and develop this Forum so be nice to him if you cross paths.

Last edited by Mike Smith; 02-04-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: "Bull Pit" room now open for general non-Bass chat..