View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Red face Keep up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Gencarelli View Post
Congrats Ken! It is always nice to get the "biggies" under the belt and behind you. I don't know how you keep up with all those basses and bows, but I would love to try!!!

Brian
My head is actually spinning a bit with Basses on my mind. Just today the Gilkes went back up for sale at Arnolds. Jeff took my Bisiach for an Ext. job. A Bass player friend in Philly who drives with me to Arnolds borrowed my Bollbach Lion for a possible sale/trade with his old Viennese model German Bass that needs some restoration work. I picked up my Lipkins expo Bow that was out on trial with the Bultitude which was sold. I looked at two other Bows today as well and countless Basses, three of which I have some personal interest in. My Friend brought back another Bass for one of his students at UArts to try out and I just brought home my newly scored 1978 Pollmann and did some personal adjustments. All this including traveling from 9am to 9pm with Lunch included with my Philly friend (a fine Bassist) Arnold, Jeff (who drove up as well for the meet) and Jed, Arnolds asst.

Keep up with my Basses? I don't even wear a watch anymore because it might mess up my pace!

PS: To pour salt on any musical wounds I may have, my friend Kevin who drove and also played the 9th with me in the orchestra had the nerve to play a CD from the NY Phil. c1967 with the 4th movement blaring as we drove back to see how we sounded in comparison..lol

Tomorrow is a DB day off. I have to ship out some Smith Basses and get some real work done!