View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Posting Member

Roger Vaughan is on a distinguished road

I don't know if I should actually post, as I don't have my Burner back from it's shop visit yet (sending it hopefully ina couple weeks!)... but I don't see myself doing anything different than I do already, once it arrives!

I'm doing a punk-esque rock project, kind of a bare-bones 3-piece. What I write isn't always apparently appropriate for a 3-piece rock band, but we're experimenting. The sound is generally pretty aggressive and fun at the same time.

I gig with a couple groups. One, "The Buddy Roach Quartet", is a mixed-bag combo of jazz, blues, folk and surf/ska. That's a lot of fun, and the Smith ought to slide into that without a seam I think.

The pop cover band on the other hand isn't really much to write home about; but I generally use the Peavey Dyna-Bass Unity or a Danelectro DC Bass for that one. More up-to-date pop stuff with those guys... we get paid to show up and make noise. Not the fav, but it's some side-bread.

I've been doing reggae for the last 4 years (recently left the band), and I was into a Celtic rock band when I was living in Miami around '91-'93 called "The Volunteers". We had a rock rhythm-section with a revolving cast of highland pipes, tin whistle, squeeze-box, harmonica and mandolin. That was a blast. Rough and ready crew, we had dancing, heavy drinking and the occasional fist-fight at gigs, usually instigated by the singer/guitar player's younger brother.

I'll post some clips, as they come up, after the Burner's all set and playing out.