View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 11:34 PM
Posting Member

Roy Diza is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Ok, here I am. We made Wooden cases for the PUs in the beginning (1979-1983) BUT, moved away from that. The reason is that it moves the magnetic field further from the strings and you loose volume. If made thin, the top of the cover might break or split.. Been there, done that.. no thank you.. have moved on.. NEXT!!

Single Cut? WHY? Structurally, I think it's a 'stupid' idea. With all the concern about even neck Bow and adjustability you are going to LOCK it down on the low sting side while the treble strings pull and twist it from the other side? Is this to create tension in the neck to produce sounds the builder couldn't get by just making a good structural sonic Bass?

I don't know who's idea this was actually but one time when I was fishing on a boat and all the other boats rushed to this splash in the water a few hundred yards away I asked my older friend, "Should we go over there and fish?" His reply was (in a wisdomish way) "One fool draws many!"

If someone can't make a Bass with good neck structure, stability and tonal response, try this? Not in my book!

No BS, and to the point. Since you shot down the SC & wood PUPS ideas, I'm curious as to what's in the horizon for new designs. It's been almost ten years since the BSR was introduced, and I'm such a big fan of your basses, so it would be nice to see what's in store for us. So what in store for us ?