View Single Post
Old 08-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb The Model..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Pascual View Post
Aloha from the calm island, Mallorca in the Mediterranean sea, on the east side of Spain. I have been a Ken Smith bass lover for more than 10 years, since I saw that old John Patitucci video... what a bass. I remember watching this video...sooo many times.

Now I have the chance, for once in my life to purchase one of the beauties made by Mr. Smith

Maybe this is not the exact place for asking this, but i'm on a hurry and I want to identify this bass as soon as possible, and your help would be very appreciated:

It was made in 1997, and it's all I know... so please, help me!

Thank you and keep playin´

Joseph
This is a BSR6M model bolt-on bass in Tiger maple with quilt maple centerblock. It is the lowest cost bass we make in a 6-string. This is the NEW model here.

In 1997, the basses had a single battery, 9v system. Today it has 2 batteries in parallel (18v) for longer life and some other added circuit features. The price 12 years ago for the 6M model was much much lower than it is today by maybe half in price give or take. When buying used, take in to consideration the condition and estimated cost to refurbish it entirely before even considering comparing it to the price of a new mode, new updated specs and features and new warranty. With used basses, there is no warranty or close comparison to the value of a new un-used bass.