Thread: Silly Threads!
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 08:32 AM
Senior Posting Member

stan haskins is on a distinguished road
Default What Chris said . ..

+1 - Let the Bull Pit be the Bull Pit. We're all going to get scared to post if you start criticizing what we say in good fun. Maybe you want to reorganize it so that it's not the first thing that new viewers see when they come to the site, though.

Like Chris said, there's not alot of content yet (at least on the DB side of things - I don't plan on spending much time in the EB portion), so any activity is good activity, right? I come back to Ken's many corners on a daily basis and check the updates to the silly threads as part of my daily "internet routine". If I were just going to check the "hard content", I would have given up on the site, because there just isn't enough activity there yet. Questions get answered much faster on TBDB (though, of course, the quality of the discussion is usually much lower) . . .

Aside from the lack of content thus far, the quality of the discussions outside of the Bull Pit seems to be pretty good - I like not having to sift through ill-considered responses written by teenagers using a screen name.

Ultimately, Ken, it's your call because you own it and your name is on it. So do as you see fit.