View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Junior Posting Member

Chris Rapadas is on a distinguished road
Default Now,I see!

Now, I know what all the hub bub is about!The DB is an untamed beast!I have My 1/2 size Lidl and after an intense setup that included screws(I'll save that for a new thread in the Luthier forum with, big gnarly full size pics,elitist,..run!)I am hooked!

For now I can only play pizz,the only bow I have is for violin. It took awhile to carve My bridge to a playable setup and, I learned alot about the machine that is a DB.I mean,such small adjustments have,such a huge impact on tone and volume.Anyway,I can pretty much play anything I can play on electric on this thing(a bit slower on some stuff)and,can already play some stuff like,Big in Japan(T. Waits),Walk on the wild side,ya know fun easy stuff.

Now,I'm not assuming for one minute that any of this is proper,I notice I keep wanting to grip the neck like a hammer.I never even do that on EB My thumb is always anchored to the back of the neck.Also,I can see how a bigger bass would suit Me as,i feel I hunch over to find a comfy position.

For now,I'm in I love this instrument and,cant wait to find a teacher.I am also going to sell off a couple of EB to fund a new 3/4 size bass.I hope to have a budget of around $2,000 so,any recommendations in that department would be great!

Feel free to school this newbie,thats why I'm here!Thanks in advance!.......Chris