View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 01:41 AM
Junior Posting Member

Jason Keene is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Hasias View Post
Hi Jason and Welcome here.

Unless you are playing directly to the line mix board,( then maybe the bass controls are the only to take in consideration), I really think that the overall bass tone for a player is a sum of several things like: bass type, strings, cables, amplifiers, boxes, effects and of course playing technique.

In this case it's rather difficult to have a sound formula or a sound refference only with the position of the bass' controls.

Best regards
I agree, sort of. But when I first picked up my KSB I was shown various settings that produced entirely different sounds with fairly specific identities. Panned all the way to the back PU with the bass turned up and the midrange pumped a bit gave it a "Jaco" sound.

Both toggle switches up gave the bass more of a fender precision sound, especially with the treble turned down a bit.

I run my GK 700 straight up pretty much, but even through other amps the basic tone of the bass comes through.

Maybe it is kind of a plebeian question, but my last bass was a 1977 Music Man Stingray with a volume control and treble/Bass. Not much choice-although it sounds great. My friend Trevor showed me how he likes to set his KSB tone controls-it was pretty interesting. I also wondered if anyone fools around with one toggle up, the other down etc.

So I guess the better way to phrase this newbie question is:
Do you have an unusual setting you use to give your KSB a "Unique" tone?
If nobody answers I will move on...