View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Combo Amp....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
My son called me today and asked me what Amps/Cabs are available today that are small and lightweight yet loud and good quality.

He has both an EBS 350 and 650 heads as well as a 2/10 and 1/10 cabinet. The 1/10 has worked fine before but is on the 'fritz'. I am waiting for some parts from EBS to fix it. The 2/10 is just too heavy along with the head for him to move around for small combo one-nighters.

Is there a decent lightweight, loud, affordable Combo Amp out there that might cover this? Fender? SWR? .. Something on the hi-tech side with a horn in it for the highs in his Smith Bass.

We also have an old original/modified BabyBlue but that is not enough volume for him. The 1/10 EBS puts out a lot of Volume so he is looking along that line for sound.

Suggestions?

I would highly recommend the Eden Metro. This is a great combo amp and IMO the best on the market . Power + ? Oh yeah! With impedance options of 8/4/2 ohms you get 300/500/750 Watts respectively. Obviously, you have some nice options here with the multiple impedance options.

For example: A nice way to go with this would be to find one or order one rated at 4 ohms, get the 500W output and have the option to add another 4 ohm cabinet (i.e. Eden 410 XST) later (if desired) and get the full 750W+ @ 2 ohms. At any rate, with a balanced XLR out (including level output adjust), Semi-Parametric EQ, etc., there's much flexibility with this amp.

Check out the following link for add'l info:

http://www.eden-electronics.com/prod...ndiv/metro.asp

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 10-22-2007 at 09:58 PM.