View Single Post
Old 07-21-2007, 08:57 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Topic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselm Hauke View Post
i know it´s off topic (but can maggini be offtopic?)
the exhibition is over, there are some pics and videos http://www.giopaolomaggini.com/w/cat/english/photos/
on their website
Well actually one of those Maggini's belongs to the Asst. Principal of the National Symphony in Washington DC. While that Bass was there on Display in Brescia, he was borrowing my Cornerless Bass and sharing it with the Principal who is actually returning it today.

Does the Maggini post belong here? Well seeing as I have this added and connected story, it fits right in. I am sure that when the Bass is fully restored it will go right back to Washington for them to try again as they both loved playing it these past 7 weeks since it was picked up at my office by the Principal.

The small Bass called the 'Dumas' Maggini was on sale in 1971 when I was out on tour passing thru Chicago. I almost bought it but didn't have the money.. Small detail..lol

The Maggini Bass from DC/MD (National Symphony) I will get to play one day as I have an open invitation now after loaning out my Cornerless Bass to them.