View Single Post
Old 03-22-2007, 08:09 AM
Senior Posting Member

Albert Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wolliston View Post
hello Gents,

i play at my church here in good ole england, they have a church bass that i would use (yamaha 5 string) there is 3 bass players, so we usually rotate....at times i get in the rut where i want to give up playing because i feel like i'm not progressing...i'm sure everyone's been through that stage....thats not really the reason why i'm selling my bass because i am actually in the process of getting a 5 string to continue my playing... I don't think i have the ability right now to maximize the abilities it takes to use the Smith to its full potential. I did however buy the bass before i left the states because i knew it was the best bass out there and that it would be much cheaper to buy in the states than in england... I come across loads of people that don't want to share knowledge or even help out in the learning process...so it seems like its a one man kind of learning process....and it can become frustrating...how did you guys get out of that rut, if ya ever been in that position?
I'm disturb to hear that, in my demographic area I must say that Bass players are only to happy to get together and share wood shedding techniques. The majority of Bass players are the most cognitive people on the earth, they truly enjoy thier gift, and yes at times we can feel a bit stagnated with our abilities, but that in itself shows growth. Bass players for the longest have always been held in the back ground, told to stay in the pocket and let the lead/rhytym guitatist hold down the flow, but of late the Bass has taken the lead spot allowing the bassist to express him/her self like never before, so hang in there and if your fellow bassist in your congregation are stingy with sharing the knowledge, pray for them, then lock your self in the shed and create, allow what your feeling to be manifested through your axe.
God bless.
Al