View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 10:24 PM
Posting Member

Roger Vaughan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Martin View Post
Compared to you guys (at least the last half dozen posts), I'm really a slacker. I tend to use an SWR Super Redhead for both electric and upright bass. No outboard preamps, no cool effects - just an old, beat up amp. I took an Eden Metro out on an upright and an electric gig this week, but it didn't do it for me on either. If I thought that 30 watts of pure tube power would work, I'd start taking my old B15 out on all my gigs, but as soon as a drummer enters the equation, the B15 loses...
Nothing wrong with an old beat up amp! Doesn't the SWR do it for you? Man, I'd use that Super Redhead with an extension cab- maybe a Bag-End SD-15. Done deal.

I'm only using the outboard EQ and power amp because they were available cheap. I'd love an SWR Bassic 350 head and Goliath II cab- or a Bag End. But I'm building a Bill Fitzmaurice Omni 15 Tallboy cab this spring, and at that point will look for a head in earnest, probably give up the Crest poweramp. Simple is really the way to go for amps, for me. I don't like having a lot of pieces of gear.