View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Junior Posting Member

jeremy jones is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
I think Ken is just trying to tell you to be careful who you get to make repairs. I can certainly understand this as I'd probably be the same way if it were my bass. He's right.....I would add: There are self-proclaimed luthiers, technicians, etc. out there that are a dime-a-dozen. You don't want a simple fix, such as your case, to turn into a more major issue. I'm sure you know that though.

Report back when you get your battery cap replaced. I am expecting a good report.
I will keep you guys posted..

This maybe a silly question.
Shouldn't I solder the wires that I splice together? Is there anything I should disconnect before I solder the wires together? Besides the obvious ..not having the guitar plugged into the amp

Ken S. - Thanks for your time on the phone I really appreciated that! I definitely want you to service my bass sometime soon. The next time I'm in DC or Philli I will try to set something up for sure.

After talking with Ken today.. I think he made a good point..this bass probably sat around for a long time without being played with a battery in it maybe for years. This is a 2000 model and its like bran new the guy that sold it said it came from his "vault" and was originally purchased for his collection.