Thread: Old Bass ID
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Posting Member

Adam Linz is on a distinguished road
Default Oh yeah!

Maybe you need to have some work done here in the Midwest Ken? Just kidding, I know the luthiers that you use Ken are ranked as some of the best in the world. But we got this beast up and running for that and it makes me really happy and it makes my friend happy. The scroll was probably not original and had those awful cut marks that make a 3 sided square around the button, likea new scroll was slapped on after the old one snapped off. But done in a way that keeps the original button on the instrument. So no loss there. It also had two dowl rods through it that looked like they were somehow holding it to the neck. It was pretty awful. The neck was also severly warped. The tuners were saved because they were working great and I've never seen crowns with holes in them. Scott the luthier cut the scroll as close to the original as possible. When I first saw it I thought they did a graft. But nope, new scroll. The bass is now in better playing condition than it ever was probably even when it was new. Thanks to this beautiful forum for advice and inspiration. Best, Adam Linz