Thread: Playing Jazz
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Warburton View Post
Any good book store, Library, Amazon......
As far as the rest of your words, I am confused why you would play with what you call "A really bad band".
I guess I'm pretty confused about many of your statements, Richard. How can you sense that they're using you as a "scapecoat" and be worried about "letting them down" at the same time?
Yes, you're right, I wasn't really making myself clear. I'm ashamed to admit that I was writing from work and I had quite a few distractions.
Really the story wasn't such a good one to start with. It was about trying to help a group of inexperienced players get through a couple of small time gigs. I identified what was going wrong in the band and suggested ways that these problems could be fixed. I think the guys in the band saw me as a bit of a threat and didn't seem keen to fix some obvious gliches in their playing - maybe they didn't want to face up to the problems. It's not always the best solution just to leave. I feel obliged to do the gigs. Anyway, as I said, it's not really much of a story, I was more interested in the lesson it had reminded me of about always looking into how one might improve one's own playing.
Gotta go... still at work. Naughty me!
Sorry for this muddled up little story. I'm so embarrased that I'm going to use a face!
Please world, forgive this little slip up.