View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 01:16 AM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Sivers View Post
It arrived after 8 days on the road from California to Jersey. Before I even opened the case, I could feel the heat coming off of it. When I opened it and grabbed the bass, it was not warm but Hot to the touch! When it cooled down, I checked the neck and it was still straight. 8 days? Damn, did he ship it pony-express? What method of shipping was used? No telling how long it sat in a hot truck.

It came strung with La Bella light gauge tapered strings but not for long. I'll be getting some DR Lo riders for now until I get it cleaned up and properly outfitted with Smith strings. I would highly recommend using the Smith Medium Taper Cores with this bass. You will need to re-set it up accordingly and for you.

The only issue, aside from the filth, is one of the tiny height adjustment saddle allen screws is missing. If anyone knows what size that is, it would be helpful. I'm a carpenter, so I know not to try to force one in from one of my old basses. When you order your strings from Ken, I'm sure he can also help you with a replacement for your saddle.

Tone-wise, it's simply a Monster! This is the best bolt on bass I've ever heard and it handles better than a lot of NTs I've held. I will not be sending it in for S/P switches any time soon because I can dial in anything I want already. You think it's good now. Just wait until you get it set up with the right set of strings and set up for your playing style.

1998 BSR5MW, a most welcome addition!
Glad to hear it finally made it too you. Wow, 8 days?