View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 01:21 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Default Follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
I will attempt (intentionally) to keep this as brief as possible:

Getting older and playing less, etc., has caused me to begin thinking about parting with my Smith collection. I now have about 8 remaining and they are all Ken's top-of-the-line best. Not sure what I may end up keeping in the end or what I will part with (at this time), however, at some point in the future I will need to let them go.

1. '01 5GN: Fretless: Bubinga Top and Back, Maple Core, Blank Ebony FB.
2. '01 Black Tiger Elite: Custom Ordered. 5A Crotch Walnut Top; Oil Finish.
3. '02 5EG: Highly Figured Cocobolo Top and Back, Wanut Core.
4. '04 5EG: 7&7 Ebony Top and Back, Ebony Peg Face, Maple Core.
5. '05 5EG: 25th. Anniversary 7&7 5A Walnut Top and Back. Fusion Body.
6. '06 5EG: 7&7 5A Walnut Top and Back, Walnut Core.
7. '08 5EG: Zebra Top and Back, Walnut Core.
8. '18 5TNWTP: 5A Walnut Top and Back, 5A Maple Core.

If you have questions or comments, I will only reply to PM's. If interested, you can PM me and I will respond when I can.

I would also add: All these basses are in exceptional condition and I'm confident you won't find better examples outside of ordering directly from Ken.

I've played Ken's basses for over 22 years. These instruments have truly inspired me from the first time I heard one in the mix to when I played one in my hands. They truly are the reason why I didn't quit playing years ago. But time, change in interests, etc., are leading me down different paths, to the point where I have begun thinking about parting with, what I would endorse as, the best bass guitars on the planet. I'm certain wherever these instruments land, the fortunate recipient will agree.

Ken, I hope everything I've utilized here within your Forum meets your approval. If not, let me know or please feel free to delete this thread.

Thanks to all at Ken Smith Basses for the last 22 years. Y'all truly breathed life into me musically, as I'm certain you have with countless others and will continue to do so.

Thank you!

Hey All,

I have received some PM's regarding my post above, however, I'm unable to reply to some of those PM's because either your settings do not allow replies from a PM or you are a 'New Member' to this Site.

One of those PM's I received today (7/13/21) and was unable to reply via PM because they were a 'New Member' as of today (7/13/21). At some point soon, 'New Members' will be able to utilize the PM function.

You may also email me at: tbishop@1scom.net

Thank you!

Tim B.

Last edited by Tim Bishop; 07-13-2021 at 01:44 PM.