View Single Post
Old 11-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Junior Posting Member

Nicholas Feigenbaum is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
I think it is a brand name made by some shop. I can't judge the wood from pictures but if you search the wood name, you will learn something.

Chinese Bow sells in the 100s to start so for the price you paid, it's a good deal for a workable old bow.

Enjoy it but don't throw a big party over the deal.. lol
Hi Ken, so I recently brought it to my bow guy up here. We have confirmed that it is pernambuco (by both examining the grain as well as the wood inside) and that this bow is old! The bow has some slight camber issues but were easily fixed, now I am waiting for the silver to be cleaned, leather touched up and the bow to be cleaned all together, as well as a rehair... The hair on the bow was original, and boy was it gross!

Do you know anything about the brand name? I know Jaeger was a czech "factory" brand but know very little about their bowmaking. Every time I do a search I come up with my ebay link or something about Jaeger basses.

Did Jaeger/Juzek/Morelli make bows, or was there a factory with a familiar name that might have been making bows for them (Pfretzchner or Seifert, or something of the likes?)

I really would love to know more... And no party is being thrown today, maybe after I get some info to welcome the bow to the stable!