View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Senior Posting Member

Thomas Erickson is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

ok, still no word from Pirastro on this. But -

I don't think the strings in the video are Eudoxas, at least as we in the US know them (i.e. gut core, silver wrap). They're the same color silks (white/ruby spiral) as Chromesteels, which do come in a solo set, and to my ear, having just tried some (Chromesteels), could very well be them. Maybe in Europe the strings have different names and/or silk colors? Dunno.

And for the record, at least in the US, Eudoxas (the gut core silver wrap string) and Original Flatchromes both have the same color silks - that is, white with violet spiral.

If Eudoxa (gut) solo strings come across my desk/browser I'll buy them, otherwise AFAIK they don't exist and I'm done trying to find out otherwise.

*Earth to Pirastro* - People like your products and are willing to spend money on premium items like gut strings, but honestly guys - hire a college grad with a basic business degree to get your company working right - and maybe an intern to handle your email or something. Imagine how much money you could make if your customers could understand and actually find your products!