View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 07:41 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool Pecatte or Tourte?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Gumroyan View Post
Hi Guys,

Have any of you gents seen a listing or personally seen any bass bows made by Pecatte or Tourte? I know their violin bows cost about the same as a house lol but was curious if they ever made bass bows. The most high end bow i have seen personally were some Sartory and Vigneron bows and they were in the 15K-20K range.
Well I think I have heard of Pecatte Bass Bows but not sure which Pecatte might have made Bows for the Bass if not all of them. On the Tourte theory, I have never heard of one but it is possible. He is considered to be the father of the modern bow. Read here to learn more about Bow history. http://www.wps.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/...kers.htm#PARIS

One time when asking the current world renown bow expert Raffin about my Bazin and the history of the family members according to one of the websites like the one posted, he informed me that they were wrong on one of the generations concerning Bazin.

Still, much of the information we read is spot on. Sometimes its more a matter of opinion that actual fact.