View Single Post
Old 06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Senior Posting Member

Tim Bishop is on a distinguished road
Cool Thx Mike.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Bishop View Post
Hey Guys,

I've had a few requests from others to provide a track of "anything" I have played on. After further consideration, I thought a new Thread dedicated to this request could be a cool thing to ignite some activity and get others connected. So, I will be working with Mike Smith in an effort to upload a .wma file of a 30 second commercial clip where I was asked to lay the bass line.

I'm not sure yet how all this will pan out....so, stay tuned as this may take a few days. As soon as I know, you will know.

Also, please, no replies until we've had a chance to determine the best way to handle this. Thx!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Faulkner View Post
Can we centralize on a codec that is not locked up in proprietary purgatory? Ogg Vorbis maybe? I can live with mp3 as well even though it's locked up in patent land.

Using wma is just locking out anyone who doesn't choose to live under the crushing fist of Microsoft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Smith View Post
We have now added the two sections and members are now able to upload audio of either mp3 or wma type at a limit of 3MB per attachment thus far.

BG Bass Clips section
DB Bass Clips section

If you would like to discuss these, you may now do so

Thx Mike for all your help with this! I've already started thread number 1 under 'Music [BG]' : 'Member Bass Clips [BG]' with my track and it appears to work fine.