View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 12:35 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Default I read?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken McKay View Post
Oh common! A little light reading...Paul reads it in the bathroom.

Truthfully, I don't expect anyone to read it or be interested in this unless they are a geek like me. But there is a lot of good stuff in there with some very careful and thorough research and investigation. I see you read some of it by your comments...

There is a lot of stuff to talk about if anyone is interested. This might be a good topic of its own.
I posted 13 minutes after you. Giving the time to post and the time I wasn't on line a few minutes and the time scrolling thru that link after I opened it only to find there were 136 pages... I may have read a sentence or two.. not three.. I looked at a few pictures as well.. lol

No, anything I said or posted had nothing to do with that link or study other than mentioning it was 136 pages long. That much I noticed.

I have a few basses in restoration right now that will need wood added back into the top to fix the Butchery that went on in it past from other luthiers. I say this now.. It it sounds good, leave it alone unless you know fairly sure that it still has a ways to go and also do so without weakening the plates.

With basses being so different from one another in every which way, unless you are using some controlled materials, that study does very little to contribute to the improvement of the making or repairing of a double bass.