View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM
Posting Member

Steve_M is on a distinguished road

As a complete contrast, here's one I did last Saturday for Basstalk. Not sure how long Basstalk is going to be around but I got a sense of satisfaction out of putting something together. The players are Robert Trujillo and Billy Sheehan because they've got the most dramatic poses but I've replaced their heads with speakers to avoid any issues over using their likenesses. The speaker on Billy Sheehans head is my very own Yammy HS50 because I couldn't find one at the right angle on the internet. The theme was thunder and lightning and power (again for drama and to express the feelings associated with loud bass) and for laughs I stuck a pair of singing bass in the corner. Would have liked them to be singing scales (fish scales - geddit?) but its Bach instead, I think.

Then it got duo toned (so we can match it to a web safe colour scheme) and I reintroduced some coarseness to make the differences in resolution between the photographic images less obvious through using a posterisation filter.

Last edited by Steve_M; 04-26-2007 at 05:27 PM.