View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:35 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool ok..

On your shopping list, and as far as the work that's done on basses for sale and how they are represented, I think Arnold is your first stop and the Bass Garden is your second on that list. Arnold I know does some of his work. I don't see how you can go to Shanks and not stop off at my shop on the way. From your town, straight down 81/476 and off at the Quakertown exit and you are at my place in a few minutes.

Sound clips? You can make anything sound good with a recording and good basses can sound bad as well. Hearing thru a speaker and in a room is two different things. I think sound clips are a waste of time. You have to play the basses. Second, I doubt any shop will bother with that request. I for one will not, for sure.

What if a bass does sound good on a clip and it is the sound you want but, when you go play the bass, it doesn't feel comfortable at all, the condition is worse than expected and the previous work inside is even worse? There goes your sound clip shopping.. lol.. Like a mail order bride maybe.. lol