Thread: Xavier Jaquet ?
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:18 AM
Junior Posting Member

ChrisTurner is on a distinguished road
Default - Sked james reply

Sorry for some reason i can't send private messages and since its nothing really private i didn't worry about it rather than not replying

James.

I am located in sydney.

With regards to your basses being dull it on the E and A, it is a common attribute of french basses. For some reason my bass has an amazingly powerful lower end. I think who ever put in the current bass bar did a really good job because i get comments on it when ever i take it to someone to look at it. Eg dave ellis Neil brawley.

Do you have any photos of your basses? I would love to have a look?

With regards to basses in aus they aren't so difficlt to find, you just wont find them in shops. The shops tend to rip the seller off with high commissions and bullshit about gst so its easier to sell privately and in the tight knit bass community in sydney there is always something available. Also to mention in sydney particularly SSO there are amazing world class quality basses eg my old teacher has a Kennedy Lott and Vincenzo Panormo and many other basses of the same makers amongst other professionals in sydney with many other famous makers names. Otherwise you just have to travel and if your after a good quality italian or english bass the cost of the travel relative to the instrument is insignificant.

Cheers

Chris

Does your bass have an attributed maker?

What do you reckon a Jacquet Bass is worth in todays market in AUS?