View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Posting Member

Anton Hasias is on a distinguished road
Wink Birds

Hi All,
I think this is a very interesting thread and I really appreciate the explorer's ways concerning sound shaping.
I know Roberto, Rainer and of course Tim are tech whizz among other musical high skills but I just want to tell you a little story of a non tech, rewireing scared old conservative guy (like me and I belive others).
After reading this spectacular way of trying to obtain a "Jazz Bass like" sound from a Smith, I observed that my non technical hands were shacking when only I thought I should try this new wireing by myself.
Then, a little multicoloured bird came from nowhere and began speaking to my ear with a human voice.
She said:" Listen dummy if you want a Fender Jazz sound, go get yourself a Fender Jazz and as you have no clue of electronics, don't you ever think about trying to ruin your 7k Smith bass!"
As by chance I already had a US Fender Jazz long ago forgoten somewhere in my house, I took it, played some notes and then "The Miracle". It sounded like a Fender Jazz and since all this time I left it alone somewhere in my house it didn't lost that Jazz Bass sound.

My conclusion; Beware the multicoloured little birds with human voice, they are odd.

Best regards