View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 01:33 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Exclamation More fakes on Ebay..

This is a total Fake. I will copy the AD and Pics here so you guys and the rest of the world know what is NOT a Smith Bass in any way, shape or form..

Here is what the AD says (the Seller is 'manco720' from Sapulpa, OK)

"This is a great bass guitar I bought off of ebay awhile back. I moved and need the money so I have to sell it! It says Ken Smith & C.R. Customs on the headstock and is an extremely nice bass. The action & bridge need readjusted. I put heavier strings on it and tried to adjust it myself, when I switched back to regular strings and tried to readjust it again I had some buzzing that wasn't originally there before I messed with it. There are some dings and nicks in the red paint on the body but overall it is in good condition. The neck feels great and it plays and sounds great except for needing the setup to eliminate the buzzing I caused. The electronics work, it stays in tune well, it has a nice tone and sound in my opinion. I will also throw in a gig bag I have for it.
I am selling this bass as-is, as pictured in need of professional setup. I don't really know any more than I have already listed here, but feel free to ask questions."

Someone please call Ebay and get this guy and his fake Squashed!