Thread: Creaking bass.
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne holmes View Post
Richard, just watched you play on you tube- wow-impressive-you really get into your playing and the bass is moving a lot- I like that.. I noticed that the bow quiver moves a lot-leather straps can creak-also, you, as much as you play, with the constant shift on the end pin assembly would over time produce normal wear which could produce the creak. If any part of the assemply is loose and perhaps wasn't a good fit when installed, wear would happen sooner. I would look very closely at the end pin; the rod, the plug that goes in the block and the block itself-

Thanks for your you tube recording- I really enjoyed it - wish I could play like that-

Your friend playing the piano and trumpet at the same time- I hope others will check these out- very entertaining-how do you put words to that talent?

www.holmesbassviol.com
Wayne, I really appreciate your thoughts, and your kind words to an old guy about his playing. I've checked out the bow quiver, but it seems okay. I'm still working on finding that creak. Your thought about the movement is a very good one - I don't mean to move when I play, it just happens. That might be something I need to look at. Again, my friend, many thanks for your educated thoughts.
Hey, James Morrison is something else! And he's Australian!