View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool ok..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Prowse View Post
I agree with Brian's sentiment. If the bass is that good, why would you want to get rid of it - life is too short.

Hey, I've just put that little screw gadget on my A string and the Ab seems clear now on that string!
Who says I want to get rid of it? Today I used my Mittenwald bass and will use it tomorrow as well. The Storioni is not a bass I can take to just any gig. It needs a guard for many of the places I might play or rehearse. Not from being stolen or the audience but from other Musicians knocking it over or in to it.

Also, I have other basses I like playing as well. One other bass in particular that I have in restoration is a sweet sounding old Italian that I am waiting to play and see which I like better.

Besides playing and collecting, these are basses I sell. I would prefer if sold, the Storioni would go to a player that I look up to and admire. I play it in the shop just about every day. Until Orchestra season starts up in the Fall, I have no where to take it. The concerts I have in the Spring and Summer are just not optimum situations for a bass like this unless it's the only bass I have.