View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 07:20 AM
Junior Posting Member

JonPaulsen is on a distinguished road

I have had the bass for a couple of months now, and it's a really fantastic instrument! I have never personally played an instrument that is so even from string to string and up and down the neck. It's pretty amazing. I love the feel of the neck. The fact that it's been extensively gigged makes it all the more personal. It has the broken in feel that you just have to fall in love with. Amazing instrument!

No problem with the finish, it's used but still in place. So don't need to worry about that. All in all it's a fantastic instrument and it's the only bass I've touched since I got it. My 30+ bass collection is mostly for sale these days.... I am only keeping a backup 6-string and a couple 4-strings. The rest is surplus now. :-) Thanks, Ken!

Now, the only problem is that it consumes batteries really fast. It will drain a battery in about 2 months even when not in use (I didn't use it over the summer vacation for 4 weeks, and when I came back it was dead).

I presume this is not the normal case for one of these preamps. Since the preamp works fine, I'm assuming it might be the jack that is broken so it doesn't cut the power when the jack is pulled? Is there any experience on this on the board? How should I deal with it... I live in Norway, so shipping back to the factory is at least expensive....

Cheers,
Jon