Thread: Decisions
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Junior Posting Member

Melissa Washburn is on a distinguished road

Ken I did forget to mention why I jumped in and grabbed this Kay without keeping my head about me (looking it over thoroughly). A gentleman who owns a music shop nearby has a Brother who somehow came across the Kay. Both Brothers are champion banjo & guitar players so they've been all over the south playing music. The one with a music shop has played on the Opry stage and says he remembers that bass living at the Opry years ago. How true this is I don't know. There were no papers with the instrument and I was told it lived in a closet for the last 20 years until the woman who had it at the time died. So being a lover of country and bluegrass I got excited about this instruments past home. But unfortunately to have something I could play once I got it home was not the reality I was faced with and the luthier that I brought it to here in town responded by asking me if I could get my money back. I was crushed but it was then that my sweetheart found the Corelli and we decided to see if we could fix the Kay in the meantime so that I could play it. That's my story of the Kay!