View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up ok..

I emailed back and forth and received some very good and helpful information which I will be glad to share here and now to settle any confusion about this company or other similar brands..

"Hofner and Paesold are two independent companies but they had been under one roof in the time (1994 – 2004) where both companies were under the umbrella of Boosey&Hawkes or later The Music Group.. To a certain extent the range of products is different and marketing is completely different. Of course both companies use the same or similar suppliers and in some markets the distribution is done by the same company, e.g. in Europe Hofner is the distributor for the Paesold range as well.

The back design (we call that purfling work “Blume” – flower ) is traditional Frankonian (Northern Bavarian) and is not only used by makers in this region, but pretty much 100% of the basses coming from Bubenreuth and vicinity have a Blume. Our German made basses are 100% made in Germany and the Chinese line is labeled Andrew Schroetter in order to make things very clear"

I must say it was very nice of them to share this information. This coming directly from Mr. Friedemann Pods, Sales & Marketing of Paesold.