View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 04:31 AM
Junior Posting Member

IanMcElroy is on a distinguished road
Default Really?

I'm surprised no one has said anything about the GK MB15012. That thing is cheap as hell, light, and sounds great. (In its price range) GK had a reliability issue a few years back but have really turned things around since then.

Another one is the Acoustic Image. That thing kills for electric and upright bass and is only 20lbs. If you want you can get the extension cab for louder gigs and it will still be under 40lbs. It sells for about $1050.00 and they have great warranty service. Made in the USA.

Ampeg has a great little cheap 112 but it wouldn't be very good at gigs because of the low power. Ampeg was sold to Loud Tech. and is now made in Vietnam.

Markbass has a great 112 combo that is everything you are looking for but it is made in Italy. I own some and it is great. It sells for around $1000 as well.

SWR is now made in Mexico. That was for an earlier post.

Epifani will blow you F'in socks off. It is light, it is awesome, and it is expensive!!! It is made in NYC. I own some as well and I hug it before I go to bed I like it so much. The only things wrong is it's getting up there in the weight, (48lbs) and the price.

I had some issues with some Eden gear so I stay very far away from them now. If you want to know why you can PM me. I'm not going into it here but if you want know I'll tell you.

The GK is everywhere so parts aren't an issue and the Acoustic Image is made in North Carolina. If you want cheaper I would go with one of those two. The Acoustic image is the better of the two and worth the extra $200 for the features and the fact it can be used with your upright as well.

I'm going to go hug my Epifani and go to bed.

Last edited by IanMcElroy; 01-26-2008 at 04:38 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention a company / misspelled get.