View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Senior Posting Member

Richard Prowse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Oh, you mean connecting the registers.. I didn't get your meaning at first until I read thru your post again. Try sitting on a Stool. It keeps things more even. Also, loosing some, ah, of your mid section will help take the strain off your back. After rehearsal last night I jumped on the tread mill. Not for long though, my warm apple pie was getting cold..lol

I worked off about 40 calories on the tread mill in just a few minutes. Then to keep up my stature, I put 430 calories back on by eating a piece of pie.. oops..

I gotta figure a way to do the reverse.. More off than on..
Ken, I know what it's like at our age, I saw my tummy in a school video yesterday and it wasn't a pretty sight! I like to stand when I play but I do have a stool which works really well. As regards the pie, I hope this helps:
I went to a workshop featuring trumpeter Bobby Shew many years ago... I really loved his playing. He said that, on a gig, if it was a toss up between the warmup and the coffee, he always went for the coffee.
Now I know that apple pie has more calories than coffee, but I always liked Bobby's human side. Maybe that's one reason why I liked his playing so much.