View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 01:13 PM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Arrow hummm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Perrin View Post
I guess the other option would be to get a Sam Shen SB200 Willow and a Coda Bow Metropolitan. That would add up to just about $5,000 I think.
Sorry to butt in but I just wanna say that this is a good choice as well, my stock aside. One thing I want to mention is that my shop does NOT depend on DB sales to pay the bills. I do this as a personal hobby aside from the Smith Electric Bass business and just need to make a bit over cost to cover expenses with the DBs like these. I have several Basses in stock within in your price range and can make some Special deals. I can do better with the New Amati models than the Wultur stuff but with Bow included, I can make it interesting either way.

The best thing I can suggest is that you fly here and try out the Basses I have and pick one out. I think the savings will off set your travel expenses for the most part. Also, buying the wrong Bass (for you) mail-order, will cost you even more money to sell it and find the one that really suits you better.

Coming here will Not allow you to try every Bass in the world that is available but will let you see if one of them fits your needs. The same model of Bass by brand or maker does not make them equal in sound or feel. Wood, exact thicknessing and workmanship varies in every Bass even if it's the exact same model.

Last edited by Ken Smith; 09-18-2008 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Typos.. many of them.. lol