View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 03:08 PM
Junior Posting Member

Simon Miller is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the info. It's all very helpful and eye opening.

I think I'm going to get it in to the luthier soon just to have it checked out. It was on consignment when I bought it... The shop I go to is family run; good people. I find it hard to believe that they'd sell a bass without informing the buyer of the potential work it might need... I wouldn't expect them to open it up, but at least look for anything that might need work.

When I get it in I'll ask if they know of any repair work that's been done.. if anything they'd probably have made the repairs.

All that aside...
The string length is in the 43.5 range. It was quite an adjustment to get used to , but now that I am, it's like anything else. It's also got a D neck.

I've been toying with the idea of looking for a smaller lighter/more durable bass to add to the collection. Maybe an upton Hybrid or something. This weekend was the first time really traveling with this bass and it was less than enjoyable. Between wincing through every bump on the highway and moving its hugeness around it made for a few stressful moments!

Again thank you for the info, always awesome to learn about a different side of the instrument
Do you know of any books that talk about the history/ different schools of bass making? I'd love to learn more about the nuances of the different bass luthiers around the world.

Best,

Simon