Thread: Sonore strings
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 04:19 PM
Brian Ross

A couple answers....

I couldn't speak to how gut like they are never having had other gut strings on my bass. Give that they are made with a gut core, I have to assume they are pretty gut like Of course, all four are wound which makes them a bit different than the normal set of guts with 2 wound and 2 plain gut strings.

As for volume, my bass is definitely louder with these strings than it has been with any other set of strings I've had on it, which are: Corelli 370M, Bel Canto, and Spirocore Weich.

Finally, yes, they are all the same tension. In the case of the TWINE set the tension is 23kp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Parker View Post
Just save us some trouble and tell us they suck. I'm very happy with my sound as it is right now, but there's always something to tweak and play with. I love the concept of the Velvet strings (this guy helped found that company, right) but they just don't have the sound that I get from good old Chorda's.

And now some questions. How "gut-like" are they in your mind? And how loud are they? Those are the two qualities I am most interested in. Oh yeah, one more: Are they all the same tension, like Velvets?