View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Posting Member

Bob Branstetter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith View Post
Ok Bob, sry.. My bad.. I mis-read your Post. For judging the volume of the Top or Back or whatever, I just use my ears. I don't know what measuring them could do if that's how the Bass just is. On the AO/BO thing, I'm more of a 'see it' kinda guy than a 'read about it' person. I need to experience things for myself before I tinker with things. The A-B thing is for another thread some place else on the Forum so we will leave it at that. I know we did this over on TB before but I would welcome the open type discussion of it if you are willing to start it up again over on the Luthiers section here.
Thanks for the offer on A0-B0 Ken, but I got my fill of discussing it over on the TalkBass Forum. It was unfortunate that none of the luthiers over there were unwilling to seriously look into it and try it for themselves, preferring to declare it bogus and putting me in an adversary role defending the concept. I can only say that I have used the process successfully on many basses and believe that it is tool that should be in every luthier's shop. After going through that rather unpleasant experience on TalkBass, I made a personal decision that I will not discuss it any longer on any forum or Internet discussion group. However, I am always available to answer legitimate questions from anyone who is truly interested in trying A0-B0 matching by email or PM. I have sent out many copies of my 1996 Michigan Violin Makers Assn Paper on A0-B0 matching in basses to interested individuals as email attachments. The same offer also applies to questions about the Vibration DeDamping process which we briefly touched on in an earlier thread on this forum.