Thread: Bass Parts
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Bassist, Luthier & Admin

Ken Smith is on a distinguished road
Cool Monster..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wilson View Post
Monster Cable has always been a problem with my Smith basses, not sure why but every Smith bass i have owned [10] has had a problem at some point with that cable. I think i will just go ahead and send it to ken and let him do a full blown work up while he has it. Get what i pay for

Mike
There is nothing I can do to fix the Monster Cable problem. By their own admission, they use what they call a type '2' plug. That seems to be the problem. Any normal cable is fine in my opinion. The Monster is only good when the jack is worn and needs a tighter fit. Using this cable early on will strip the inner spring of the barrel jack.

Remedy! But several extra Jacks from us and use any super duper claimed cable you like. It wont make you play better but you might feel good spending a lot of money on a cable with tons of advertising.

I have never used Monster other than once at a trade show and then they gave me a bunch for free for all the 100s of Jacks they killed. Still, I don't use one. I will use anything but a Monster unless it's all that's available. I take 2 cables with me and neither is a Monster.