View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Junior Posting Member

Amit Shtriker is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks Tim

Everything is great now.. I turned up the gain and now I got a really healthy signal out of my bass, and the passive level is very low compared to the active in flat EQ. I also got my bass set up by a professional and it plays well. The only thing I'm not sure about is the Smith Taper Core strings (didn't want to move over and write again in the strings thread, sorry). They sound great and crisp out of the package, but I have a really big issue with them not being smooth enough for me (I were used to the Elixir coated ones), I feel a little bit uninspired because my playing involves a fair amount of smooth slides, and the strings kind of not letting me feel free moving across the neck. The guitar tech let me try some kind of string lubricant, and it felt better at that moment, but I don't know if I want to rely on lube all the time.. Do you use anything to keep your strings smooth or is it just me and you feel these strings are smooth enough? Maybe I just need to get used to them because they really sound good on my bass.. And I hope they will not go dead too fast